Shanghai bund hotel : Romantic hotel vienna.
Shanghai Bund Hotel
- The Bund is an area of Huangpu District in central Shanghai, People's Republic of China. The area centres on a section of Zhongshan Road (East-1 Zhongshan Road) within the former Shanghai International Settlement, which runs along the western bank of the Huangpu River, facing Pudong, in the
- An establishment providing accommodations, meals, and other services for travelers and tourists
- A code word representing the letter H, used in radio communication
- A hotel is an establishment that provides paid lodging on a short-term basis. The provision of basic accommodation, in times past, consisting only of a room with a bed, a cupboard, a small table and a washstand has largely been replaced by rooms with modern facilities, including en-suite
- a building where travelers can pay for lodging and meals and other services
- In French contexts an hotel particulier is an urban "private house" of a grand sort. Whereas an ordinary maison was built as part of a row, sharing party walls with the houses on either side and directly fronting on a street, an hotel particulier was often free-standing, and by the eighteenth
The Bund Riverside Hotel, Shanghai
We were due to arrive in Shanghai in the afternoon but due to a cancelled flight we spent all day at Xian airport (a very boring airport with very few seats and a lot of people) and only arrived around midnight. We were planning to take the high speed Maglev from the airport into Shanghai, however this had closed by the time we arrived. So we had to take a taxi. The road from the airport to the city is long and straight and walled on both sides like a race track, there wasn't a lot of traffic as it was so late, so our driver decide to put his foot down and go very fast. We were very scared - there wasn't even any seatbelts in the taxi. But fortunately we made it to the hotel safe and intact!
This was a riverview room which promised great views of the Huangpu River and the Shanghai skyline. When we first arrived we couldn't see it - we thought "riverview" indicated a view of the bit of dirty river with building works going on right next to it that we could just see when looking out of the window to the left. We later discovered it had just been a foggy night and the room did in fact have an amazing view....!
SHANGHAI Bund new waterfront with Peace Hotel the Bund's first Art Deco building LR P1180999
Peace Hotel (formerly Sassoon House and Cathay Hotel) was Shanghai's first American Art Deco skyscraper built in 1929 - Architects: Palmer and Turner. Built originally to house the headquarters of Sir Victor Sassoon's company ED Sassoon Ltd, Sassoon himself lived in a penthouse under the copper pyramid roof. The building is on a wedge shaped site so has two long wings meeting at the Bund frontage. The Cathay Hotel was at the time the most luxurious in the east - Noel Coward completed the draft of 'Private Lives' there in 1930.
miami south beach motels
hotels near the electric factory
disney caribbean resort hotel
hotel cipriani venezia
cheap new york city hotels near times square
hotel babel buenos aires
country inns and suites
balmoral hotel in edinburgh
| HOME |